November road improvement round-up
More than £487,575 is being invested in road repairs and improvements across the county this month.
The money is part of a £35 million package we're spending on improving the roads in 2013/14.
Councillor Dean Collins, our cabinet member for jobs, economy and transport, said:
"Improving roads and pavements in the county is one of our priorities and work that is being carried out this month will help us to achieve this.
"We are always checking which roads need improving to ensure Derbyshire has an efficient transport network which is important to the local economy."
During November, work to improve Derbyshire's roads will include:
- A616 Treble Bob roundabout, Barlborough - road resurfacing - £75,000
- Derbyshire Dales £18,500
- A6 Matlock Street, King Street, Bakewell - refurbish pedestrian crossing and updating a pelican crossing to a puffin - £18,500
North East Derbyshire £200,000
- A61 Chesterfield Road, Higham - road resurfacing - £110,000
- Millthorpe - road patching - £40,000
- A632 Matlock Road, Birkin Lane, Spancarr - electronic warning lights - £50,000
High Peak £150,000
- A53/B5059 Burbage crossroads, near Buxton - traffic light refurbishment - £150,000
South Derbyshire £44,075
- Woodshop Lane, Swarkestone - drainage improvement scheme - £16,075
- Wilmot Road, Swadlincote - updating a zebra crossing to a puffin crossing - £28,000
Further road maintenance will be carried out across the county in areas including:
- Coach Road, Golden Valley and Ironville - road patching
- Footbridge, Fan Road, Staveley - refurbishment of footbridge including new handrail
- Alport Lane, Youlgreave - road patching
- Wheatley Road, Two Dales - road patching and drainage work
- Staker Lane, near Mickleover - road patching
- Lime Grove, Draycott - road resurfacing
- Beech Lane, West Hallam - manhole rebuild
- Fauvel Road, Glossop - road patching
- Ridings Lane, Haldfield, Glossop - road patching
- Rushup Edge, near Chapel-en-le Frith - retaining wall repairs
North East Derbyshire
- New Street, Shirland - road resurfacing
- B6013 Belper Road and Hallfieldgate Lane, Shirland - road resurfacing
- Tinkley Lane, Alton - retaining wall repairs
- Horseleygate Lane, Holmesfield - vegetation clearance near overhead cables
- Ingleby Lane, Ingleby - road patching
Some roads will close temporarily while work takes place.
For more details, including where current and future roadworks and road closures check out the interactive roadworks map.