We're urging residents to have their say on HS2
We're urging residents to have their say on the Government's plans for a high speed rail link from London, Birmingham, Leeds and Manchester (HS2).
The route travels through Derbyshire on its way from Birmingham to Leeds. A station for the East Midlands is planned for Toton, and a maintenance depot is on the cards for Staveley.
Councillor Andy Botham, Deputy Cabinet Member for Jobs, Economy and Transport said:
"High Speed Rail is going to be a fantastic opportunity to help local businesses to expand and grow. It will bring jobs and help the region fulfil its full economic potential.
"We will work with our partners across Derbyshire to make sure that we make the most of the opportunities it will bring.
"But we will not forget that there will be some communities who will be adversely affected by the rail line. We are carefully studying the proposals and will press the Government to make changes and improvements to minimise the negative impacts so that we get the best possible deal for Derbyshire.
"This consultation gives local people a chance to make suggestions to HS2 Ltd and we would urge all those affected by the proposed route to take part. It's a great opportunity to have your say before more detailed plans are developed."
Information on the route can be found at www.hs2.org.uk (opens in a new window). And paper copies of all the consultation documents are at 19 libraries and centres in Derbyshire.
The libraries are at Alfreton, Bolsover, Borrowash, Chesterfield, Dronfield, Eckington, Ilkeston, Killamarsh, Long Eaton, Melbourne, Pinxton, Sandiacre, South Normanton, Swadlincote and Woodville.
The centres are Welbeck Road Health Centre in Bolsover, Rectory Road Surgery in Chesterfield, Erewash Citizens Advice Bureau and Park View Medical Centre in Long Eaton.
And six information events are planned for the autumn where local people will be able to find out more about the route and ask questions to HS2 staff:
- Killamarsh 14 November 12pm - 8pm Killamarsh Sports Centre, Stanley St
- Long Eaton 15 November 12pm - 8pm Westpark Leisure Centre, Wilsthorpe Road
- 16 November 10am - 5pm Westpark Leisure Centre, Wilsthorpe Road
- Bolsover 28 November 12pm - 8pm Bolsover Assembly Hall, Hilltop Avenue
- Staveley 29 November 12pm - 8pm The Speedwell Rooms, Inkersall Road
- South Normanton 9 December 12pm - 8pm The Postmill Centre, Market Street
Residents can have their say by either:
- Completing an online form at www.hs2.org.uk (opens in a new window)
- Sending an email to hs2PhaseTwoRoute@ipsos.com
- Sending a written response to FREEPOST RTEL-YAZX-HAZT, Phase Two Route Consultation, PO Box 1152, Harrow HA1 9LH