August road improvement round-up
More than £680,000 is being invested in road repairs and improvements across the county this month.
The money is part of a £35 million package we are spending on improving the roads in 2013/14.
Councillor Dean Collins, Deputy Cabinet Member for Jobs, Economy and Transport, said:
"We are committed to repairing and improving roads and pavements across the county - it's what local people want and expect.
"We want to build a strong economy that creates jobs and supports businesses and a thriving economy needs an efficient transport network."
During August, work to improve Derbyshire's roads will include:
- Holbeck Street, Creswell - road resurfacing - £15,000
- North Road, Clowne - pavement resurfacing - £22,000
- Park Close, Pinxton - pavement resurfacing - £25,000.
- Manor Road, Brimington - road resurfacing - £50,000.
North East Derbyshire £208,000
- Chesnut Avenue, Eckington - road resurfacing - £38,000
- B6052 High Street (junction School Lane), Eckington − replacing old pelican crossing with a puffin crossing - £20,000
- A61 Dronfield Bypass Stubley Hollow, Dronfield − bridge maintenance, including resurfacing the bridge with waterproof materials - £150,000.
High Peak £360,000
- A6 (Barmoor Clough), Chapel - road resurfacing - £160,000
- A53 (Leek Road), Buxton - road resurfacing - £150,000
- B6062 (Chinley to Bridgemont) - road patching - £50,000.
Further road maintenance will be carried out across the county in areas including:
- A609 Kilbourne Road, Belper − pavement reconstruction
- A610 Nottingham Road, Codnor − road resurfacing.
- Castle Lane, Bolsover − pavement resurfacing.
- Boythorpe Road, Chesterfield − road resurfacing
- A617 by-pass, Chesterfield − road repair
- Works Road, Hollingwood − waterproofing the canal bridge
- Saltergate, Chesterfield − road patching.
- B5056 Longcliffe to Bradbourne − road surface dressings
- Church Street, Starkholmes Road, Willserley Lane, Matlock − road patching works.
North East Derbyshire
- High Street, Church Street, Dronfield − road patching.
- Joan Lane, Bamford − road patching
- A6 Buxton Road, Barmoor Clough, Chapel-en-le-Frith − containment fencing and road resurfacing
- Longlands Road and Hall Street, New Mills − road resurfacing
- Unnamed road from the junction with Ashbourne Lane to the A6 Higher Hallsteads, Martinside, Chapel-en-le-Frith
- Unnamed road, The Wash, Chapel-en−le-Frith from its junction with Sheffield Road to its junction with unnamed road at Breck End − road resurfacing.
- Unnamed road, Ingleby − remove overhanging vegetation
- Penn Lane, Melbourne − road repairs.
Some roads will close temporarily while work takes place.
For more details, including where current and future roadworks and road closures are taking place, check out our interactive map