2016 Community Transport - Local Bus Consultation
What this consultation is about
We wanted to know what you thought about our future plans for buses that we pay for and Dial-a-Bus shopping buses.
By 2020 the funding we get from Government will be more than a third lower than in 2010.
We're protecting frontline services and vulnerable people as much as we can, supporting businesses and the voluntary sector and protecting local jobs.
We've done everything we can to keep services running while our budgets are cut back year-on-year. We've sold off land and buildings, reduced back office costs and significantly cut the number of senior managers.
But the size of the cuts mean we have no choice about scaling back most of the services we provide - particularly when, by law, we do not have to provide them.
It'll mean many of the services we provide will change and some will stop altogether. Legally we don't have to provide subsidised local buses or community transport Dial-a-Bus shopping buses.
Like every council, we've got difficult decisions to make about the cuts but we want local people to work alongside us to make these hard choices.
What else you need to know?
Most bus services in Derbyshire are run commercially without any financial support from us, but we do pay for buses where there are gaps in service. These are subsidised bus services.
There were four proposals:
- To withdraw all funding for buses paid for by the council - subsidised buses - from October 2017
- To withdraw all funding for community transport Dial-a-Bus (DAB) 'shopping buses' from October 2017
- To provide a new, limited, Demand Responsive Transport (DRT) service in the place of subsidised and DAB shopping buses
- To provide a new, limited, Door-to-Door Plus service for people who currently use DAB shopping buses and who would be unable to use the proposed DRT service.
This consultation is now closed. A report was presented to Cabinet, 22 November 2016, agenda item 15
What else do you need to know?
The following documents are in Portable Document Format (PDF). You can download software to view PDF documents for free from the Adobe website (opens in a new window)
- Results of 2016 public consultation on proposals for subsidised local bus and community transport services (693KB)
- Appendix 1 - Supported Local Bus Services (2862KB)
- Appendix 2 - Proposed Demand Responsive Transport (DRT) Service Operating Areas (excluding Derby City (2987KB)
How to take part
We are carrying out this consultation in the following ways:
- Questionnaire - Online
Who to contact about this consultation
- Steve Cannon
- Economy, Transport and Communities,
Derbyshire County Council,
- 01629 538148
The information marked with an asterisk (*) must be filled in before you click submit.
Thank you for contacting us
We'll be in touch soon.
Who is the consultation aimed at?
Which part of Derbyshire is this consultation aimed at?
- All Derbyshire (excluding Derby City)
Generally, who is this consultation aimed at?
How will we let you know the results?
Feedback about this consultation will be available by the following methods:
- Our website