Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trans Employee Network
The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans (LGBT) Network meets regularly and is open to all lesbian, gay, bisexual or trans employees.
The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trans (LGBT) Network was set up in 2006 to support LGBT employees. The network meets regularly and its meetings are open to any LGBT employee.
The LGBT Network exists to raise the profile of LGBT people within the workforce, to support us to improve its policies and services so that they are more LGBT-friendly, and to help raise awareness of homophobia and advance equality of opportunity for LGBT people across Derbyshire.
Over the last 12 months the network has undertaken a range of activities including:
- Helping us to return to the top 100 of the Stonewall Workplace Equality Index (opens in a new window).
- Working with colleagues in schools to highlight and promote best practice as part of Stonewall Education Champions (opens in a new window).
- Taking part in consultation to agree a set of equality objectives and to identify the reasons for feedback received during the employee survey in relation to discrimination, harassment and bullying, and being a positive and supportive employer.
- Supporting international day against homophobia and transphobia flying the rainbow flag across the county.
- Making links with other LGBT groups including the Gay Police Association and Outdoorlads.
- Continuing to supporting the annual World AIDS Day Ball (opens in a new window) which takes place around 1 December each year.
- Taking part in Derbyshire Community Forum to help ensure that LGBT people across Derbyshire have a strong voice with local councils, the police, health, fire and rescue and other major local services.
The network has more than 30 members and welcomes more employees to get involved in helping to change things for the better for LGBT employees and users of council services. We arrange our meetings around the county, and at different times, so that as many people as possible can get involved.
Our LGBT employee network aims to meet once a quarter. Meetings are open to all interested employees.
- 27 February 2018 - joint LGBT History Month event with Derby University, Police, Fire Service and DCHS
- 17 May 2018 - International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia and Transphobia
- 22 July 2018 - Chesterfield Pride, Stand Road Park
- 20 November 2018 - Transgender Day of Remembrance
The following documents are in Portable Document Format (PDF). You can download software to view PDF documents for free from the Adobe website (opens in a new window)
The following documents are in Word format. You will need a Word viewer installed on your computer in order to open these files.
- LGBT Network news winter 2017 (226KB)
- LGBT Employee Network news summer 2017 (479KB)
- LGBT Employee Network Group Newsletter July 2016 (379KB)
- LGBT Employee Network Group Newsletter February 2016 (435KB)
- LGBT employee network (751KB)
- LGBT Network activities and achievements (620KB)
- LGBT newsletter September 2015 (265KB)
- LGBT employee network meeting July 2015 (348KB)
- LGBT employee network newsletter May 2015 (490KB)
- LGBT Network Group meeting notes February 2015 (26KB)
- LGBT employee network newsletter October 2014 (371KB)
- LGBT employee network newsletter June 2014 (357KB)
- LGBT newsletter February 2014 (1102KB)
- LGBT employee network newsletter December 2013 (194KB)
- LGBT employee network newsletter July 2013 (333KB)
- Employee Group Meeting Flyer May 2013 (103KB)
- Straight Allies (351KB)
- Sexual Orientation The Equality Act Made Simple (941KB)
- Role Models (4081KB)
- Preventing the bullying and harassment of gay employees (289KB)
- How to Engage Gay People in Your Work (822KB)
- Double-Glazed Glass Ceiling (1605KB)
- Careers Development (367KB)
- Bisexual people in the Workplace (301KB)
Also on our website
Information on other websites
- Stonewall (opens in a new window)
- Derbyshire LGBT (opens in a new window)
- IDAHO (International Day Against Homophopia) (opens in a new window)
- Government Equalities Office (opens in a new window)
- Out in Unison (opens in a new window)
- NUT (opens in a new window)
- Midland LGBT Employee Network (opens in a new window)
- Schools Out (opens in a new window)
- Gires (Gender Identity Research and Education Society) (opens in a new window)