The Standards Committee has the following responsibilities:
- promoting and maintaining high standards of conduct by members
- assisting members of the council to observe our Code of Conduct.
More particularly they have the following specific functions:
- advising the council on the adoption or revision of the Code of Conduct
- monitoring the operation of the Code of Conduct
- advising and training or arranging to train members of the council on matters relating to the Code of Conduct
- assessing and reviewing complaints against members
- conducting hearings and making decisions on complaints
- safeguarding the council's constitution.
It is made up of eight members - five Labour and three Conservative - together with three independent persons (non-voting).
Meeting portfolio details
- Democratic Services Team
- Six times a year
Members and party
- Celia Cox - Labour
- Sean Bambrick - Labour
- Tricia Gilby - Labour
- Irene Ratcliffe - Labour
- Dave Wilcox - Labour
- Kevin Buttery - Conservative
- Carol Hart - Conservative
- Tony Kemp - Conservative