Parent support group grants
Organisations or group of parents can apply for grant funding to provide support groups to parents and carers of children and young people with additional needs or disabilities.
We're making available funding for parent support groups in six areas of Derbyshire. The six areas are:
- Amber Valley
- High Peak and North Dales
- South Derbyshire and South Dales
- North East Derbyshire and Bolsover.
Groups may apply for funding in more than one area. An organisation should run no more than one group in any area. We want to provide a choice of at least two support groups in each area for parents and carers wishing to attend.
The total amount of grant funding which is available is £25,000 over two years (up to £12,500 per year). The maximum funding that will be available per group will be £1,000 per year. The grant will be paid annually in advance to allow for any up front costs and bookings. Funding will continue in 2018-19 subject to receipt of a satisfactory annual report.
Aims of the scheme
To enable parents and carers to have access to support groups which are friendly and welcoming to families and others who are living or working alongside children and young people with any additional need or disability.
To provide sessions that will be inclusive and not restricted to one specific disorder or condition or to members of one organisation.
To create opportunities for parents and carers to come together to discuss their individual circumstances and to receive support from others in a similar situation.
To ensure access to a tailored programme of support meetings or events, that are in a format accessible and acceptable to the majority of the group members and which allows those members to contribute by expressing their needs, choices and preferences.
To enable consultation with our representatives in relation to issues affecting parents and service design overall to ensure collaborative working.
Who can apply
Groups welcome to apply for funding to deliver Derbyshire support groups include:
- community and voluntary groups and organisations
- parent groups.
Groups must be formally constituted. This means you must have a bank account with at least two independent signatories, a governing document or list of governing members and a set of rules.
If you are a group of people coming together for the first time to apply for a grant, you need to set up a constituted group. You can get help to do this from your local council for voluntary services (CVS).
Parent support group grants cannot be awarded to individuals.
How to apply
You must apply using the parent support group grant application form attached to this page. Or you can get a paper copy of the application form from Denise Hudson, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You must include the following when returning your application:
- completed and signed grant application form
- covering letter, including contact details (on letter head paper if available)
- completed and signed bank details allocation form
- additional supporting evidence enclosed (optional)
- a signed copy of the check list confirming the items returned and that required documents have been read.
When to apply
Application forms are available now. All application submissions should be received by noon on Monday 6 February 2017.
Who makes the decision
The parent support group grants panel will consist of representatives from both us and the parent forums. The panel will assess your application against the criteria on the application form.
How the grant will be paid
If your application is successful, payment will be made directly into your group's bank account. At the end of 12 months you will be asked to complete an annual report to evidence how the grant has been spent.
Help with the application
You can contact your local CVS for advice on filling in the application form or setting up a constituted group.
- Amber Valley CVS tel: 01773 512076
- Bolsover Community Voluntary Partners tel: 01623 749730
- Derbyshire Dales CVS tel: 01629 812154
- Erewash Voluntary Action CVS tel: 0115 8508860
- High Peak CVS tel: 01663 735350
- Chesterfield and North East Derbyshire CVS tel: 01246 274844
- South Derbyshire CVS tel: 01283 279761
- Rural Action Derbyshire tel: 01629 824797
- Peaks and Dales (North) tel: 01629 810907
- Peaks and Dales (Buxton) tel: 01298 23970
- North East Derbyshire tel: 01246 276777
- Glossop and District Volunteer Bureau tel: 01457 865 722.
Other support for groups
The Derbyshire Local Offer (opens in a new window) helps to promote local groups and organisations which support disabled children, young people and their parents and carers. If you're successful you'll be expected to make the parent support group details available on the Local Offer. All community groups can register free of charge by completing the feedback form (opens in a new window)
The following documents are in Word format. You will need a Word viewer installed on your computer in order to open these files.