Free cookery courses
We've been running free cookery courses as part of the Heart of Derbyshire campaign since September 2014 and they have been a great success!
Courses help with food shopping, budgeting and how to make healthier food choices. The plan for 2017-2018 is to deliver a series of practical healthy cooking on a budget courses to targeted groups across the county.
The free Heart of Derbyshire healthy cookery courses will include:
- basic cooking skills
- an introduction to creating simple and balanced healthy meals utilising affordable, seasonal and fresh ingredients
- understanding the importance of food hygiene, storage and planning
- budgeting and food shopping advice.
Target groups include:
- adults with learning disabilities
- weight management groups
- elderly people
- food bank users
- families, especially those in deprived areas
- BME groups
- volunteers for Super Kitchen
- Brightside mental health
- those at risk of homelessness.
The courses are designed to be approximately six two hour sessions (12 hours) in length but the delivery of them can be varied to meet the needs and availability of groups wanting the training.
If you work with people in these target groups and are interested in having a free healthy cookery course delivered for them, please contact Nikki Wright from our adult community education service tel: 07518 863860 or email: email@example.com
The following document is in Portable Document Format (PDF). You can download software to view PDF documents for free from the Adobe website (opens in a new window)
Also on our website
Information on other websites
- Alfreton Adult Community Education Centre (opens in a new window)
- Clay Cross Adult Community Education Centre (opens in a new window)
- Gamesley Adult Community Education Centre (opens in a new window)
- Gladys Buxton Adult Community Education Centre (opens in a new window)
- St Albans Centre (opens in a new window)
- The Hub - South Normanton Adult Community Education Centre (opens in a new window)