The latest unemployment figures for all wards and local councils in Derbyshire together with comparative results for the East Midlands and England.
The number of people out of work and claiming benefits is an important indicator of the economic health of an area.
Comparisons between different areas can be made by showing the number of benefit claimants as a proportion of the total population of working age to give an unemployment rate.
Unemployment figures are published each month by the Office for National Statistics. A selection of the latest figures as they relate to Derbyshire is presented on this website.
Use the links on this page to find summary tables for the county and its districts showing:
- the current unemployment rate and the change over the past 12 months
- youth unemployment figures
- long-term unemployment figures.
In the related documents section you can download or view:
- a table containing the latest unemployment statistics down to ward level
- our monthly unemployment bulletin which contains tables and charts about unemployment and related issues.
Further employment and unemployment statistics are available in the Derbyshire Observatory (opens in a new window).
The following documents are in Portable Document Format (PDF). You can download software to view PDF documents for free from the Adobe website (opens in a new window)
The following document is in Excel format. You can download software to view Excel documents for free from the Excel viewer page (opens in a new window) of the Microsoft website.