We are actively working in partnership with economic development agencies and other relevant organisations to strengthen the local economy and tackle deprivation throughout the county.
We are committed to improving the economy of Derbyshire, through sustainable developments. Our key objectives are to:
- to enhance the quality of life of our communities
- to support local businesses
- to create the climate and environment for investment
- to maximise external funding
- to create jobs for local people.
Much of our economic development work is through partnership working with the Derbyshire Economic Partnership and at sub regional level with the Local Enterprise Partnerships.
There is specific help in setting up social enterprises. This gives information about the work we have supported and lets you download a range of social enterprise resources, including step by step self-help guides and examples.
GOV.UK provides Government information to businesses (opens in a new window)