Adult care and wellbeing

The video on this page gives an overview of our adult care services and how our processes work. If you have any comments about this video you can email:

We want you to stay independent for as long as possible. We can give you information and advice about support and services in your local community that will help to improve your quality of life.

We can put you in touch with a variety of helpful services in your community, these could include:

For more intensive care support you can contact Call Derbyshire tel: 01629 533190. Our trained staff can offer advice and support to help meet your needs.

If the call centre staff feel that you meet the eligibility criteria for services, they'll pass your details onto an assessment worker local to you.


Once the adult care worker has received your details from Call Derbyshire, they'll contact to arrange an appointment to visit you and complete an assessment of your needs.

We have more information about the assessment process and accessing care and support.

Personal budgets

If you're assessed as needing funded care services, you will be given a personal budget to help pay for the services you need.

Care and support planning

If you are eligible, you'll need a support plan. This plan must contain information about:

  • eligible needs, and any ineligible needs you want to include
  • who will meet your needs and how
  • advice on delaying and minimising needs and staying as healthy as you can
  • what's important to you and your carers.

Paying for care

How much you need to contribute to the cost of your care depends on the type of service you're receiving and your financial circumstances. Most people are required to make a contribution and your adult care worker will be able to explain more about this.

Find out about:


Re-ablement is a service that lasts for approximately six weeks. We'll work with you to help you learn, or regain skills to live your everyday life.


We'd like to support you to remain independent in your own home. If this isn't possible, there are various different accommodation and support options available. You can also look for residential or home care services by using our care services directory (opens in a new window).

Carers support

A carer is someone who provides unpaid support to a family member or friend who couldn't manage without that support.

All carers are entitled to a carers assessment, which can be offered separately, or as part of the assessment of the person you care for. We have lots of useful information about carers assessments, carers emergency cards, time out for carers and financial support.

Keeping people safe

If you're concerned that a vulnerable adult may be experiencing, or be at risk of, neglect or abuse please ring 999 in an emergency. If you'd like to report or discuss your concerns please ring Call Derbyshire tel: 01629 533190.

Our Safer Derbyshire website (opens in a new window) has lots of information about keeping people safe and the range of help and support available.

Complaint, comment or compliment

If you've got a complaint, comment or compliment about our services then please see our complaints process.

Related documents

The following documents are in Portable Document Format (PDF). You can download software to view PDF documents for free from the Adobe website (opens in a new window)

Also on our website

Information on other websites

How useful did you find this page?

Not useful

Very useful

Thank you for rating this page

You can provide further feedback using our Contact us form