The Staveley Community Care Centre provides centre based, residential and outreach services to support the local community.
The buildings and services are designed to work in harmony with the public, specialist therapeutic and private living areas, all of which have been designed to be dementia friendly.
The main features of the centre are that it supports
- adults living with dementia and their carers
- local people - the centre will be a hub for the local community with services developed to meet the needs of the communities it serves.
The centre has open public areas, centre based services that meet assessed needs, as well as short and long term residential care. These all aim to promote individual requirements for independence, well being and dignity.
Focusing on dementia, the community care centre provides
- a range of flexible day opportunities for people in the community which include day respite, advice and information services, rehabilitation and health and support services
- short term intermediate and respite care for older people, and
- long term care for older people with dementia and more complex needs.
The aim of the centre is to
- act as a hub of services for older people with chronic ill health and other long-term conditions, particularly dementia, who require intensive care management
- support carers - offering respite care, information and advice in a local setting
- provide services to meet the needs of the local communities
- help older people, particularly those with dementia, to regain lost skills that will enable them to live in their own homes for as long as possible
- provide better access to assistive technology, including telecare and telehealth
- provide a one-stop shop with a range of facilities including a Health and Wellbeing Zone
- bring in voluntary and statutory bodies to provide information and advice on a host of topics
- provide accessible services in high quality, energy efficient, dementia friendly buildings.
The community area has a Bistro open to the local community, users of and residents of the centre. A hairdressing suite for the local community and users of the centre is currently under development.
Opening times and getting there
Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm. As services develop, the opening times will be extended to include evenings and weekends.
There is plenty of free parking available and good access to public transport with a regular bus service stopping close by on Middlecroft Road.
The centre has excellent disabled access and designated disabled parking bays.
Community facilities available
- hot-desk office
- internet cafe/free wi-fi
- activity room able to accommodate up to approximately 30 people
- small meeting room
- physiotherapy room
- treatment room.
All spaces are available to be booked.
The Staveley Centre
Tel: 01629 533 040
Fax: 01246 473 264
The following documents are in Portable Document Format (PDF). You can download software to view PDF documents for free from the Adobe website (opens in a new window)